Fall 2012-Spring 2013
OTOE-MISSOURIA DEER HUNTING SEASONS
ARCHERY: October 1, 2012 through January 13, 2013
MUZZLELOADING: October 20, 2011 through November 4, 2012
GUN: November 10, 2012 through January 13, 2013
DEER HUNTING RULES
- Tribal Hunters and Guests must obtain a Tribal Hunting Permission Card from the Environmental Protection Office.
- Non-Tribal guests (including tribal employees) must always be accompanied by a Tribal Member.
- All Hunters are required to display Hunter Orange conspicuously on both head and an outer garment during Muzzleloading and Gun Seasons. Camouflage hunter orange is legal.
- Shooting Hours shall be one-half hour before official sunrise to one-half hour after official sunset.
- Shooting from inside a vehicle is not allowed.
- After harvesting a deer, hunters must check it at the tribal police station and will be issued a carcass tag.
- No person may dump the carcass of any dead animal in any well, spring, pond, or stream of water or leave it within ¼ mile of any occupied dwelling or tribal building without burying the carcass in an appropriate manner where it is not liable to become exposed through erosion of the soil or where such land is subject to overflow.
The Otoe-Missouria Police Department (OMPD) shall enforce the rules stated above. The OMPD may, at its discretion, suspend or revoke permission cards from individuals for failure to comply with stated rules.
The Tribal Council has the authority to amend these Deer Hunting Rules and to allow additional hunting seasons as they see fit.
TRIBAL HUNTING PERMISSION CARD
The Hunting Permission Card is valid for both hunting and fishing. Please contact the Otoe-Missouria Environmental Department for more information about acquiring a Tribal Hunting Permission Card at 580-723-4466 ext 123.
TRIBAL HUNTING LANDS
The tribally held hunting lands are highlighted below in yellow.