Current vacancies are publicized in several ways. Employment information is available on our website. Jobs are posted on bulletin boards in each of the buildings and jobs may also typically be advertised in the Ponca City News, Stillwater NewsPress and/or Native American newspapers.
Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commisssion
Act as oversight agent for management and guests. Observe casino operation via CCTV for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by either Team Members or patrons. Required to provide verbal and written reports of all violations and suspicious behavior to supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Remains alert to any unusual or questionable activity by casino Team Members or gaming guest and takes appropriate action to correct the situation within established policies and procedures.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the Casino, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission (OMGC) are followed by operations personnel.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe, internal policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, OM TICS, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Maintains the Departmental Shift Log(s) noting any unusual occurrences, incidents, equipment failures, safety issues, disputes, etc.
- Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, forms opinions and makes decisions based on information and the identification of available facts. Makes decisions or draws conclusions using available data and from experience.
- Makes effort to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage and company newsletter.
- Individual must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent). Some Casino experience preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be punctual and dependable in reporting to work as scheduled and completing assigned tasks.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Problem Sensitivity -- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Inductive Reasoning -- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Selective Attention -- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Read, write and speak the English language. Read professional publications, industry magazines/journals, newsletters and documents.
- Perform intermediate mathematical computations.
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other Team Members, work well independently, or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence to management as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Travel locally, regionally or out-of-state as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and developing /maintaining professional and personal networks.
The Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission is an equal Opportunity Employer. Native American preference will be observed. All appointments are required to drug screening and background checks. An employment application can be sent via email or attained at the Gaming Commission offices, use the contact information below. Please submit employment applications to Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission, ATTN: Human Resources, 1916 E. Lake Rd. Ponca City, OK 74604 or by email to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. Resumes are accepted but will not substitute for application.
Substance Abuse Counselor
Otoe-Missouria Tribal Complex
Position summary: Provide substance abuse counseling services including, but not limited to assessment, treatment planning, long-term counseling, psycho education, case management, and follow up.
Scope: The substance abuse counselor will provide prevention, intervention, education and direct services to individuals in the Tribal community affected by alcohol and/or drug dependency. This may include confidential individual or group counseling and referrals to treatment for individuals requesting this opportunity. The substance abuse counselor will provide outreach to educate the community on positive ways to interact with the individuals experiencing substance dependency issues, tobacco cessation, diversion tactics, and cultural activities. These services will be provided to all members in the tribal community with a focus on high risk populations including victims and perpetrators of domestic violence, at risk youth, and individuals suffering from mental health issues such as depression.
- Establishes implements, maintains and coordinates treatment aspects of the overall program advocacy services with respect to social service agencies, schools and the courts.
- Designs a program of treatment tailored to the patient’s individual situation based on knowledge of alcohol and drug dependency, counseling and treatment modalities.
- Performs intake, evaluation, orientation, admissions, treatment planning, counseling, documentation, discharge planning and referral of substance abusing clients, all of which must be reviewed and approved by the Behavioral Health Coordinator.
- Assesses all new intakes to determine presence and extent of substance abuse issue, completes evaluation reports (i.e., the Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory).
- Provide drug and alcohol counseling and support in the individual and group setting.
- Meets with family members to educate them on the most useful role that they can play in the patient’s treatment process.
- Responsible for providing counseling services to assist potential clients who requests services or is court-ordered to maintain sobriety.
- Works with physicians and other personal in client evaluation and treatment to restore the client to optimum social and health adjustment.
- Works collaboratively with the Behavioral Health Team to eliminate alcoholism and other drug dependencies.
- Educates patients about community-based organizations such as Al-Anon, Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Networks with other resources/programs within the County, State and Indian Health Service (IHS) systems.
- Develops appropriate referrals for individuals requiring services not available through this program.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date client records and other appropriate documentation of client care (i.e., patient care charts, Mental Health/Social Services record reports).
- Maintains client records in accordance with Federal Regulations on the Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records, 42 CFR Part 2.
- Conducts and/or facilitates community education sessions on relevant topics.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, case consultations, performs monthly Chemical Dependency Management Information System (CDMIS), Mental Health and Program Activity Summary reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of the unique cultural, economic and social aspects of an Indian population.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels from various backgrounds
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple health and criminal justice professionals using tact, diplomacy, and discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in listening and communicating effectively.
- Ability to manage priorities and work flow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong interposal skills
- Must be willing to willing to learn and ask questions, accept feedback and be accountable.
- Knowledge of applicable county, state and federal guidelines and laws affecting substance abuse prevention programs.
- May be required to work beyond the customary 40 hour work week or eight hour day in certain situations, and at times, not considered “normal working” hours.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling or related field.
- Must possess a current certification as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC).
- Three years full-time experience as a counselor or have at a minimum 120 hours of socialized training in the field of substance abuse treatment, two years of college/training/education.
- Thorough knowledge of the Twelve-Step recovery model, as well as other contemporary and traditional models of recovery/rehabilitation for Native Americans dependency issues.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field.
- Posses a current licensure of a Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor (LADC).
- Three years full-time experience as a counselor or have at a minimum 120 hours of socialized training in the field of substance abuse treatment.
The Otoe-Missouria Tribe is an equal Opportunity Employer. Native American preference will be observed. All appointments are subject to drug screening and background checks.
Please submit employment application to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org (Human Resources\Forms). Resumes are accepted but will not substitute for application.