Current vacancies are publicized in several ways. Employment information is available on our website. Jobs are posted on bulletin boards in each of the buildings and jobs may also typically be advertised in the Ponca City News, Stillwater NewsPress and/or Native American newspapers. This position requires that the individual perform a variety of duties including but not limited to clerical matter for a wide range of administrative and technical material. This will include general clerical duties, preparing correspondence, communications, computer operations, processing mail, travel arrangements, and other related necessary administrative duties.
Position Title: Clerk
Department: Election Board
Status: Temporary position until Election is complete-Estimated ending time will be November.
Reports to: Election Board
The Election Board Clerk is responsible for various tasks within the Election Board Department and performs various duties as required by board members. Reports to the Election Board. Performs all functions in accordance with application policy and procedures, mission and objectives of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Oklahoma
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Election Board.
- Compile requests from potential voters and candidates, prepare purchase orders, assist in keeping track of purchases and supplies, and entertain inquiries about orders.
- Assist in responding to public inquiries regarding election board business.
- Assist in resolving problems with the election board to expedite answers to questions.
- Assist in maintain records and setting up files.
- Must become familiar with the Otoe-Missouria Constitution and the Election Board Ordinance.
- Must be able to answer phone calls in a professional manner.
- Must understand the principles of confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have computer skills, utilize Microsoft Office products at basic to intermediate skill level (i.e. create new documents, open/edit existing documentation).
- Must be punctual and dependable in reporting to work as scheduled and completing assigned tasks.
- Read, write and speak the English language. Read professional publications, memos, emails, logs, newsletters and documents.
- Protect the Company's value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with executive level management, other managerial and supervisory staff, and the public. Works well alone or within a group.
- Present facts and recommendation in oral and written form.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities in accordance with tribal policies & procedures and tribal ordinances
- Other duties as may be assigned within the scope of the position.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
Minimum: High School Diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
This Election Board promotes a drug-free work environment. Incumbent will be subject to drug screen and background check.
Important attributes of any employee of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe, along with the official performance of duties, are personal appearances and public relations. Each employee is expected to make every effort to be well informed about the institution, pleasant, courteous and cooperative and to act in a manner to command respect of co-workers and all other personnel. An optimistic attitude, patience, and tolerance will help each employee in nearly all situations at the institution.
Please submit employment application to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 by 4:30 p.m., August 30, 2016 or email to HumanResources@omtribe.org. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org (Human ResourcesForms). Resumes are accepted but will not substitute for application.