Current vacancies are publicized in several ways. Employment information is available on our website. Jobs are posted on bulletin boards in each of the buildings and jobs may also typically be advertised in the Ponca City News, Stillwater NewsPress and/or Native American newspapers.
Environmental Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Environmental Coordinator
Status: Part-time (16 hours/week)
The Environmental Outreach Coordinator will assist in management of the grant activities of the OMED Green Team Environmental Development Project with the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians. The primary function is to educate and use outreach for informing the surrounding community on environmental health.
• Must be a self-starter, must be willing to actively participate in a team work environment
• Must be comfortable and be able to speak in public
• Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
• Conduct surveys and interviews to determine tribal environmental needs
• Assist in preparation for OM Educational Outreach projects to community, head start, and others regarding land, air, water, and all types of environmental issues
• Assist in coordination of internal and external activities to ensure that objectives are met and accomplished, as scheduled
• Will represent the agency and encourage in promoting sound environmental management practices for land, air and water quality issues
• Responsible for establishing, organizing, and maintaining files and documentation for the Environmental Department and related projects
• All other duties as it relates to the Environmental programs, as assigned
• Reports to the Environmental Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Interest in environmental field
• Maintain accurate records
• Proficiency in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficiency in research knowledge and office experience
• Must be able to lift up to and/or carry 30 lbs. up, down and across terrain
Educational /Experience Requirements:
• Work experience in Environmental science or related area may be substituted for education requirements
The Otoe-Missouria Tribe is an equal Opportunity Employer. Native American preference will be observed. All appointments are subject to drug screening and criminal background checks.
Please submit employment application to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 by 4:30 p.m., November 27, 2013 or email to email@example.com. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org (Human Resources\Forms). Resumes are accepted but will not substitute for employment application.