Current vacancies are publicized in several ways. Employment information is available on our website. Jobs are posted on bulletin boards in each of the buildings and jobs may also typically be advertised in the Ponca City News, Stillwater NewsPress and/or Native American newspapers. This position requires that the individual perform a variety of duties including but not limited to clerical matter for a wide range of administrative and technical material. This will include general clerical duties, preparing correspondence, communications, computer operations, processing mail, travel arrangements, and other related necessary administrative duties.
Election Board Clerk
OM Election Board
Position summary: The Election Board Clerk is responsible for various tasks within the Election Board Department and performs various duties as required by board members. Reports to the Election Board. Performs all functions in accordance with application policy and procedures, mission and objectives of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Oklahoma
Essential Functions: The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Election Board.
- Compile requests from potential voters and candidates, prepare purchase orders, assist in keeping track of purchases and supplies, and entertain inquiries about orders.
- Assist in responding to public inquiries regarding election board business.
- Assist in resolving problems with the election board to expedite answers to questions.
- Assist in maintain records and setting up files.
- Must become familiar with the Otoe-Missouria Constitution and the Election Board Ordinance.
- Must be able to answer phone calls in a professional manner.
- Must understand the principles of confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have computer skills, utilize Microsoft Office products at basic to intermediate skill level (i.e. create new documents, open/edit existing documentation).
- Must be punctual and dependable in reporting to work as scheduled and completing assigned tasks.
- Read, write and speak the English language. Read professional publications, memos, emails, logs, newsletters and documents.
- Protect the Company's value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with executive level management, other managerial and supervisory staff, and the public. Works well alone or within a group.
- Present facts and recommendation in oral and written form.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities in accordance with tribal policies & procedures and tribal ordinances
- Other duties as may be assigned within the scope of the position.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
Minimum: High School Diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
This Election Board promotes a drug-free work environment. Incumbent will be subject to drug screen and background check.
Important attributes of any employee of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe, along with the official performance of duties, are personal appearances and public relations. Each employee is expected to make every effort to be well informed about the institution, pleasant, courteous and cooperative and to act in a manner to command respect of co-workers and all other personnel. An optimistic attitude, patience, and tolerance will help each employee in nearly all situations at the institution.
Please submit employment application to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 by 4:30 p.m., June 10, 2016 or email to HumanResources@omtribe.org. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org (Human ResourcesForms). Resumes are accepted but will not substitute for application.
Van Driver/Food Carrier
Incumbent coordinates rides with Title VI Director and Lead Cook, promotes program through development of good community relations. Upholds high standards in the kitchen/van area regarding its condition; practices safe food handling; and maintains personal hygiene.
- Responsible for transporting complete meal and supplies; requires checking daily menu before departure of the preparation kitchen.
- Responsible for daily cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and repair of transportation vehicle.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of the Senior Citizen’s Center.
- Keeps accurate daily trip-by-trip records and mileage logs.
- Assumes trip supervisor duties when traveling with seniors on trips.
- May be required to work or drive van during evening hours or weekends.
- Assists with unpacking food and supplies at kitchen.
- Keeps accurate daily log of maintenance or repair to vehicle.
- Assists participants in and out of van and nutrition site and to and from home as needed.
- Loads, transports and unloads hot/cold food, supplies between preparation kitchen and home delivery.
- Drives vehicle according to established route and time schedule in order to pickup and deliver senior citizens to and from nutrition site.
- Serves food when needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of safe driving practices and safety compliance issues.
- Logs daily temperature sheets for freezers and refrigerators.
- Implements directives and perform other duties as assigned by the Title VI Director within the scope of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others.
- Skill in communicating ideas in writing and orally.
- Ability to deal with clientele in difficult situations.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Physical Requirements: Good to excellent general health and have the ability to lift or move loads as well as bending, stooping and /or twisting as needed to load/unload heavy items from vehicles. Incumbent must be able to assist frail, elderly and handicapped senior citizens in and out of vehicle, to and from food site, to and from home. Must pass a drug screen and background check as condition of employment.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Must conform to Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Incumbent must have a good driving record and valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, and must be in good physical condition.
The Otoe-Missouria Tribe is an equal Opportunity Employer. Native American preference will be observed. All appointments are subject to drug screening and background checks. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org (Human ResourcesForms). Please submit application to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 by 4:30 p.m., May 23, 2016 or email to email@example.com.
Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission is hiring for Executive Assistant. This position requires that the individual perform a variety of duties including but not limited to clerical matters for a wide range of administrative and technical material. Required skills include:
Mult-tasking, communication, proficiency in typing and Microsoft Office, organization, and professionalism.
Mist have the ability to make travel accommodation for OMGC staff. Controls the release of information, respects and maintains complete confidentiality. Qualifications include; High School Diploma or GED and prefers and Associate’s Degree. All appointments are required to drug screening, background checks, and the ability to obtain Gaming License. The Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission is an equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested or to obtain an employment application contact Lynda Botone at 580-723-2851 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaming Commission Application HERE
Please submit application/resume to:
Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission
110 Paradise Drive, Suite A
Red Rock, OK 74651
Deadline 4:30 pm May 17