HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Higher Education program or scholarship program is to provide supplemental financial assistance to Otoe-Enrolled tribal members that are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at any accredited institution of higher learning. Each applicant must satisfy all Federal (BIA) requirements as specified in the application packet in order to determine eligibility. Please be aware that this is not an entitlement program and students will remain eligible if all requirements and compliance is maintained. The following are the eligibility requirements for the Higher Education Program.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Be a member of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Oklahoma. Students must provide CDIB.
- Be admitted for enrollment to an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have a financial need as determined by the eligible institution’s financial aid office according to the U.S. Department of Education Formula.
- Must apply for all available financial aid.
- Application must be FULLY completed by deadline dates. (Fall Semester – July 15, Spring Semester- January 15, Summer Semester – May 15 (Seniors Only)
The following documents must be submitted:
- Completed application form.
- Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB)
- Letter of Acceptance from an eligible institution.
- High School Transcript or GED.
- Transcripts from previous term of attendance
- Financial Need Analysis Form – this must be completed by the Financial Aid of eligible institution indicating an unmet need.
- Letter of intent
- Class Schedule