Enrollment CommitteeThe Enrollment Committee is comprised of three (3) persons, one of whom shall be the Secretary of the Tribal Council. The other two members shall be appointed by the Tribal Council. The term of office shall be until his/her successor has been appointed by the Tribal Council.
Enrollment Committee functions:
- Review all applications for enrollment and documentation presented in support thereof.
- Determine whether an application should be approved or rejected.
- To propose to the Tribal Council any recommended changes in the Enrollment Ordinance or in other enrollment policies and procedures.
Authority of the Enrollment Committee:
- To adopt written rules and policies in carrying out the objectives and purposes of the Enrollment Ordinance, provide that such rules and policies are not inconsistent with the provisions of the Enrollment Ordinance or of the laws of the Tribe, and further provided of such rules and policies are approved by the Tribal council. Tribal Council approval of such rules and policies adopted by the Committee shall be presumed after presentation to the Tribal Council in writing in the absence of specific rejection by the Tribal Council within thirty (30) days of its receipt thereof.
- To approve appropriate changes to the Application for Enrollment in the Otoe-Missouria Tribe.
- To approve or reject applications for membership.
Enrollment Committee:Darrell Kihega, Chairman
Melanie Harader, Member
Alvin Moore Sr., Member