Financial Assistance for tribal members attending daycare, preschool, grade school through 12th grade, and adult tribal member attending college or career vocational education. Enrollment in short-term vocational classes, special interest classes, or employer-provided training does not qualify applicant for this assistance.
- Amount of Assistance: UP TO $250
- Eligibility time period: Once from January 1 to June 30, and once from July 1 to December 31, up to twice per year.
- Documentation Required: Original Receipt (**receipts can be dated up to three months prior to the eligibility time period), invoice or documentation showing amount of assistance needed. Letter from learning institution or extracurricular agency may also be accepted.
- Students 18 years of age and older must provide a school schedule.
- Applicant or Parent/Legal Guardian is eligible for reimbursement of expenses related to education including: clothes, fees, books, supplies, instrument purchase/rental, school lunches, lab fees, sports activity fees and passes, graduation gowns/announcements, class rings, uniforms, and any other expenses approved by the Education Committee.
- This policy replaces the “back to school” clothing assistance that has been provided in the past.