We firmly believe in our clients’ right to privacy. With few exceptions, information about you will be strictly confidential and will be released only when you have given your written permission.
Due to legal and ethical restrictions, the only exceptions to strict confidentiality are:
1. If a staff person suspects physical or sexual abuse, or neglect of a child.
2. If a staff person suspects physical or sexual abuse, or neglect of an incapacitated adult.
3. If a staff person is concerned that a client is in serious danger of harming him/herself.
4. If a staff person is concerned that a client is in serious danger of harming others.
5. If court ordered, certain information may have to be released.
6. If you give written permission to release information to a specific person or organization.
7. If a medical emergency occurs while you are at our facilities.