Current vacancies are publicized in several ways. Employment information is available on our website. Jobs are posted on bulletin boards in each of the buildings and jobs may also typically be advertised in the Ponca City News, Stillwater NewsPress and/or Native American newspapers. This position requires that the individual perform a variety of duties including but not limited to clerical matter for a wide range of administrative and technical material. This will include general clerical duties, preparing correspondence, communications, computer operations, processing mail, travel arrangements, and other related necessary administrative duties.
Position Title: Tribally Operated Daycare Center Director Reports to: Executive Director
Department: Daycare Center Status: Full-Time
Responsible for the operation and instructional leadership at the Tribal Daycare Center. Trains and supervises staff, sets instructional objectives, works with and build rapport with parents, and works collaboratively with the Tribe Child Care and Development Program and Tribal Head Start Program to implement a developmentally appropriate program that meets the needs of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe ensuring the consistent delivery of quality services to the children of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe Daycare center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day activities of the Center.
- Maintains a childcare center that meets all minimum licensing requirements (State and/or Tribal)
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Monitor students and teachers.
- Coordinates and attends annual parent/providers meetings and or open house functions.
- Administer record keeping.
- Supervise teachers and other Center personnel.
- Handle tours and enrollment responsibilities.
- Maintain rapport with parent.
- Prepare budget and annual reports.
- Work actively with Teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Establish performance goals and objectives for staff.
- Hire, Train and Evaluate teachers.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Identify and execute goals designed to further improve the quality of services offered at the center.
- Must ensure that staff members maintain Professional Development Plans and meet required annual training requirements.
- Must observe strict confidentiality regarding children, families and staff, and will make parents aware of the policy.
- Must be willing to perform all duties inherent in a childcare setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, Associates in Early Child Development (CDA) with combined experience may be considered.
- Schooling emphasis on Early Childhood Education.
- Three years of experience working with young children in an early childhood setting required; experience in early childhood development, appropriate practices and compliance with applicable laws and policies and procedures.
- Must have 3-5 years of management/leadership experience as an Assistant Director or Director.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and customer service skills and ability to create/maintain partnerships and with families and staff.
- Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or crisis situations effectively.
- Capacity to understand and manage center financial duties.
- Computer literate.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must meet the Otoe-Missouria Tribe and possibly the state educational and licensing requirements for director; additional center requirements may apply.
- Ability to manage physically active children ages six weeks to 12 years. Primary age group of six weeks to seven years with an average weight range not exceeding 60 pounds, including lifting, restraining, guiding, pursuing and withstanding sudden movements.
- Ability to move or lift supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds.
The Otoe-Missouria Tribe is an equal Opportunity Employer. Otoe-Missouria and Native American preference will be observed. All appointments are subject to drug screening and background checks.
Please submit employment application and resume to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 by 4:30 p.m., May 19, 2017 or email to email@example.com. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org or outside the HR offices.