Holiday Assistance

The Otoe-Missouria Tribe

The Otoe-Missouria Tribe

Holiday Assistance

Financial assistance for unmet needs during the holiday season. Assistance may be used for holiday meals, travel, or any items traditionally purchased by tribal member families for holidays.

  • Amount of Assistance: $100 per tribal member
  • Eligibility time period: One time per year from December 1st through December 31st ONLY
  • Documentation Required: Completed TAP Holiday Assistance application
  • All tribal members INCLUDING minors are eligible for assistance
  • No reimbursements
  • Assistance must directly benefit applicant

Applications for Holiday Assistance must be submitted by mail or in-person.  **FAXED OR EMAILED COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED** The assitance will then be mailed or you may pick up in-person anytime between December 1 and December 31.

You may mail in your application prior to the December 1 eligibility time period, but the assistance will not be distributed until Monday, December 2, 2019.  


Q. May I mail my application and have my check mailed to me?

A. Yes, you may mail in your application. Please note on the application that you would like your check mailed to you. Applications must be postdated by December 31.


Q. May I have my holiday assistance directly deposited?

A. No, holiday assistance is in the form of a paper check only and you MUST apply to receive the assistance.


Q. Can minors receive assistance too?

A. Yes, minors are eligible for assistance, but only the custodial parent or legal guardian may apply--we must have documentation of the custodial/legal guardian in our enrollment files.


Q. Do I have to apply or will the checks be mailed automatically?

A. You must apply to receive the holiday assistance.


Q. Can I send a friend or family member to pick up my check?

A. Only if they have a notarized statement from you giving them approval to pick up your check.

Applications are available for download by clicking the "Applications & Forms" link in the left column.

Please contact your caseworker if you have any questions.  You may also contact Kim Burgess, TAP Supervisor at ext. 231 ( or Dena Tah-Primeaux, GF Director, ext. 249 (