TRIBAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The primary purpose and intent of the Tribal Assistance Program is to provide assistance to tribal members such as those who are unemployed, economically disadvantaged, disabled, and who are experiencing extraordinary circumstances. The Tribal Assistance Program is designed to provide assistance for unmet needs to enrolled members of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe. Tribal Assistance funds must directly benefit the tribal member listed as the applicant.
- Requests will be confidential.
- Requests must be submitted on the appropriate form with all information filled out by the applicant or his/her legal guardian. Legal guardian must be listed on the custodial affidavit form with the Otoe-Missouria Tribe Enrollment Department.
- Supporting documentation (if required) must be turned in with the appropriate application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications will be reviewed, then processed within 15 days after the complete application is received by General Fund staff.
- You will be notified by General Fund staff within 15 days whether your application is approved or denied.
- Appeals of any decision must be submitted in writing by applicant to the Otoe-Missouria Tribal Council within 30 days.
- The Tribal Assistance Program shall not be responsible for lost or stolen checks or Visa cards provided to members. Applicants who wish to designate someone to pick up their TAP benefits (cards, check, etc) must provide General Fund staff with a NOTARIZED statement that they request benefits to be released to another individual.
- For eligibility time period purposes, hand delivered applications are dated when received and date stamped by the General Fund office. For mailed applications, the date used will be the postmarked date.
- Due to internal accounting procedures, applications cannot be processed within the same day.
- Assistance is only available during the eligibility time period. No advances will be allowed.
- Reimbursement payments for such assistance for school expenses can be directly deposited into the account of the tribal member. Please be aware, if you choose to have your reimbursements directly deposited, your per capita payments will also be deposited into the same account. Please complete this form to use direct deposit Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- . APPLICATIONS FOR TRIBAL ASSISTANCE MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAIL OR DROPPED OFF IN THE DROPBOX LOCATED AT THE SCREENING CHECKPOINT AT ALENE ADAMS PARKWAY WHEN THE TRIBE IS OPEN OR THE OMPD WHEN THE TRIBE IS CLOSED. APPLICATIONS MAY BE EMAILED TO TAP@OMTRIBE.ORG OR FAXED TO 580-723-4440. MAILING ADDRESS: OTOE-MISSOURIA TRIBE OF INDIANS, ATTN: TRIBAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, 8151 HIGHWAY 177, RED ROCK, OK 74651. ALL ASSISTANCE WILL BE MAILED TO THE APPLICANT. NO SAME DAY PICK UP OF ASSISTANCE.