Job OpeningsIf you are interested in a posted job and meet the minimum qualifications, click on Forms link and complete the Employment Application, print and mail it to or deliver it to:
Otoe-Missouria Human Resources Office
8151 Highway 177
Red Rock, OK 74651
Air Quality Technician
Full-Time 32-40 hrs/wk
Duration: 1-year grant, Ends 9/30/20
The Air Quality Technician (AQT) will assume full time duties with responsibilities to ensure objectives to coordinate and attend community meetings on air quality. The AQT will acquire training as needed, in accordance with the training plan, this will require travel for trainings, workshops, and conferences. Articles on Air Quality information for the Tribal newsletter and website will be submitted as outreach for Tribal members in and out of state. The AQT will maintain environmental air quality testing device and inspection updates on activities pertinent to the air program. Also, the AQT will perform a full range of environmental technician assignments that use independent judgment in making decisions requiring the interpretation and application of guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter willing to actively participate in a team work environment.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.
- Assist in development of Air Quality Assurance Project Plan.
- Provide research and assist in the preparation of grants applications, technical reports and programmatic budgets.
- Monitors the nature of emissions and the quality of the air in surrounding environments to ascertain compliance with laws regulating air pollution, industrial health and related concerns.
- Evaluates air pollution sources based on reports.
- Investigates local questions and complaints of air pollution concerns.
- Issues written instructions on corrections that can be completed for conformance with regulations.
- Outreach - Meets and exchanges information with people and organizations pertinent to the work, such as the public, employers, employees, local enforcement departments, program staff and technical support staff.
- Maintains records, logs data, and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Assist in tribal issuance of hunting licenses.
- Responsible for establishing, organizing, and maintaining files and documentation for the Clean Air Act grant and related projects.
- Complete all reports required by funding agency and Environmental Director/Coordinator.
- Implement directives and perform other duties as assigned by the Environmental Director/Coordinator within the scope of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Should have a working knowledge of EPA Grant Programs, federal and state standards, and methods and utilization of equipment.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Proficiency in grant terminology, research knowledge, and office experience.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of basic scientific analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in sample gathering, laboratory assistance and /or scientific technical experience.
- Must be able to lift up to and/or carry 30 lbs. up, down and across terrain.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Ability to write reports to funding agency and to Environmental Director/Coordinator.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
Two (2) year degree in Environmental or general science.
Work experience in Environmental science or related area may be substituted for education requirements. Three (3) years experience in federal contracts and grants will be considered.
- Must have a High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have experience in office setting with Administrative duties.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
The Otoe-Missouria Tribe is an equal Opportunity Employer. Native American preference will be observed. All appointments are subject to drug screening and background checks.
Please submit employment application to Human Resources, 8151 Hwy 177, Red Rock, OK. 74651 by 4:30 p.m., October 21, 2019 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application form can be found at www.omtribe.org. Resumes are accepted but will not substitute for application.