Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
LIHEAP is designed to assist low-income households with home heating and cooling costs. This program is available to Native Americans of all tribes. LIHEAP funds are very limited. Application period for Summer cooling assistance begins in June, and application period for Winter heating assistance begins in December.
- Must live within the immediate service area.
- Must be enrolled with a federally recognized Tribe.
- Must meet low-income guidelines. Income documentation must be provided.
- Complete an application and provide required documents.
- Please note, services cannot be duplicated. Applicants may NOT receive assistance through the Otoe-Missouria Tribe if they have received LIHEAP through DHS or another Tribe.
- Incomplete application will NOT be accepted!